Modalert is a generic version of Modafinil. It was originally designed to treat daytime drowsiness up until its benefits as a cognitive enhancement tablet were noticed by daily users who required something to make them be laser-focused. Used mostly by students, entrepreneurs, and others who need to enhance their focus, Modalert serves as a safe, gentle and reliable way of getting more done out of your day.
Modalert is usually prescribed in the hospital for treating ADHD/ADD and narcolepsy or shift work sleep disorder. It is also taken by the US military to help the special-forces stay awake during long missions, among other uses. It comes in 100mg, 200mg and 400mg sizes, but most vendors prefer selling them in 200mg doses.
200mg Modalert came into existence after the exclusive rights of Cephanol over Modafinil ended after the patent expired. After numerous studies by scientists, they came to terms that Modalert can be effectively used to treat depression, ADHD or PTSD. It is, however, important to note that doctors are not yet authorised to prescribe Modalert (Modafinil) for anything other than a sleep disorder.
Modalert, just as the name suggests,is used to boost cognitive abilities, increase focus, alertness, improve memory retention and recall, motivation, wakefulness, and faster thought processing. Known streetwise as a “smart drug”, not only is Modalert used for therapeutic purposes, but it is also used as an effective cognitive enhancer.
Cognitive enhancers are mostly consumed by those who are caught up in the competitive world. Students often take it to improve focus during their study sessions, while business executives use it to power through exhausting projects, and surprisingly, gamers use it during competitions to increase their vigilance and reaction times.
Uses of Modalert
Doctors prescribe it for:
- Narcolepsy – Modalert enhances wakefulness for patients suffering from excessive daytime sleepiness caused by narcolepsy – a condition of irregular sleep-wake patterns, especially at inappropriate times.
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea/Hypopnea Syndrome (OSAHS) – Modalert is used to treat patients suffering from sleeping disorders like Obstructive Sleep Apnea – a condition where breathing is shallow or stops for a short time, leading to sleepless nights and daytime sleepiness.
- Shift Work Disorder – Modalert is also used to mitigate excessive sleepiness for those without sleeping schedules due to changes in shift work.
Modalert tablets containing 200mg is divided with a line in the middle to control the intake of users to a lower dose. Sometimes, a lower dose of Modalert will suffice to get rid of unwanted fatigue or sleepiness related to narcolepsy or shift work sleep disorder.Off-label use for healthy individuals should be kept to a minimum dosage. The main goal is to obtain an optimal dose that will yield high benefits.
For patients suffering from sleepiness, a whole 200mg tablet is taken all at once. However, for therapeutic or cognitive enhancements, the tablet should be split in half when taking it for the first time so as to gauge its effect on the mind. Fro then on, you will know if you need more or less.
One misconception beginners have is comparing its effectiveness to the level of dosage you take. Conversely, there is better experience taking it in gentle doses. Besides, there are great remarks and positive online reviews for 100mg, 50mg, and even 20mg doses of Modalert.
In case of a missed dose, take it as soon as you remember to do so. However, if it is almost time for the next dose, continue with the normal dosing schedule. Never double the dose to make up for the missed one. You are also advised to avoid taking a dose if it’s already too late as one may find it difficult to sleep at night.
In case of an overdose, seek emergency medical treatment or contact a doctor at once!
Modalert Side Effects
Serious side effects of Modalert are pretty rare as studies have shown that Modafinil is safe and well-tolerated by the body.Some serious side effects include:
- Hypersensitivity (severe but rare)
- Black or tarry stools
- Pain in the chest
- Upset stomach
- Sensitivity to light
Common side effects include:
With proper harm-reduction practices, users can reduce and even eliminate the aforementioned side effects. When taking Modalert, it’s always important to stay hydrated. Modalert causes dehydration and may cause one to experience “afinilheadaches”.
If you wish to go to sleep at reasonable hours, take Modalert in the morning. Physical exercise, proper nutrition and other supplements can make it easier to go to sleep. Modalert has the power to affect your mood and anxiety may occur due when taken in an improper setting.
Modalert should be avoided by:
- Pregnant women – This medicine is not recommended for pregnant women to use, unless necessary. The risks and benefits should be discussed with the doctor before taking this medicine.
- Breast-feeding women – This medicine is not recommended to be used by women who are breastfeeding, unless absolutely necessary. If used, the infant should be monitored closely. Depending on the doctor’s advice, you may have to stop breastfeeding or discontinue using the drug according to your clinical condition.
- Medicine – Modalert reacts severely when taken with these medicines: Clopidogrel, Deflazacort, Ranolazine, Fentanyl orBosutinib
- Disease interactions – patients with a history of suffering from these diseases should avoid taking Modalert at any cost: Cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, liver disease, seizure disorders, or psychiatric disorders.
Ensure that you strictly follow all the instructions on the label and take Modalert 200 mg Tablet only as directed. Never take more than what is prescribed or share this medication with other people. Always make a point of informing the doctor about all the medicines or herbal products you are using, and all the medical conditions you have had before taking this medicine. Do not abuse this medicine for getting good sleep, and alternatively, follow your doctor’s recommendations on good sleeping habits.